If you are studying at college, you will be looking to apply for jobs during your final year. And because of the lack of work experience and constant exposure to an academic environment, this might be quite nerve-wracking! Follow these simple steps to boost your resume writing.
- Highlight your key skills when writing a resume. You have probably discovered some key strengths during your time at college – either in role plays or projects you have completed. Either way ensure you highlight your skills and make them relevant to the job you want.
- Use any work experience or placements to highlight your skills even more. If you have had the opportunity to work in an internship then draw upon this experience and make it relevant to your resume.
- Consider including any travel experiences you have had. If you have taken a gap year before college to travel, did you learn anything or do anything that can enhance your resume template? If so, write it down!
- Use your college lecturers as references. Lecturers work closely with you throughout your time at college so they are ideal references for future job applications. Also consider networking with your lecturers too as they are likely to know a lot of contacts in the industry you want to work in.
- Get involved. Getting involved at college, whether it’s writing for the student magazine or joining a sports team, will give you some great content for your resume.
If you’d like help creating a new professionally templated resume how about using our online resume building service? It takes you through creating a resume step-by-step and you can choose from a wide range of eye-catching graphic designs. What are you waiting for? Get started today!
Get started with our free resume service! Try it today!