|We’ve previously covered typical job interview questions but one theme that will come up time and time again in job interviews is YOU.|
Interviewers will want to know as much information about you as possible. Sure, they will be scrutinising your resume template for signs that you possess the relevant skills and qualifications to do the job but they will also be looking to see your personality.
Personality is crucial for any employer because they will want to know that you will fit in with the team and compliment the work atmosphere.
When an interviewer asks you questions about yourself ensure that you are honest. If you lie you may end up finding yourself in a job or a work environment that is not right for you (for more information on this read finding a career to match your personality).
Here are some other tips to consider;
- Don’t prolong your answers. Most questions will require an answer that takes no more than a minute. Ensure you get to the point.
- Re-read your resume template to make sure it fits with your personality.
- When writing a cover letter think about personal questions that might come up i.e. why do you want to work for this company? And try to pre-empt any awkward questions.
- Share your aspirations and goals. An employer will probably ask you about your motivations and career goals. This is to find out if you will be a dedicated employee so try and answer the questions whilst relating it to the job role.
- Let them know your hobbies. Hobbies and interests can be placed on your resume but many employers will want to hear directly from you. Don’t be afraid to show your social side – this will show you are a dynamic individual.
If you’d like help creating a new professional resume how about using our online resume service? It takes you through creating a resume step-by-step and you can choose from a wide range of eye-catching graphic designs. What are you waiting for? Get started today!
Get started with our free resume service! Try it today!